My Frugal Accomplishments

A big part of living simply means not spending money.  Reusing, recycling, and repurposing are many ways in which my family stretches our budget.  So, each week I'm going to post my frugal accomplishments for that week and I hope you'll share what you did as well.  The initial idea came from "The Prudent Homemaker" and I think it's a great way to glean ideas from others! 

Here's what I did this week:

Made yet another birthday gift.  Seems like the children are invited to one every week!  This time my daughter made another clay charm necklace and a friendship bracelet, and we paired it with some notecards and pens from the "gift bin" in my closet.

Stocked up on rice for 50¢/lb and butter for $1.99/lb.  I also bought two whole chickens for 69¢/lb.

Using coupons, I was able to get two boxes of granola bars and two boxes of panko breadcrumbs for free.  I also used a store coupon for $7.50 off your $75 order and a $5 off your $50 order.

Cleaned and organized the den/playroom.  One bag for the tag sale and one bag for the trash!  

Made chocolate peanut butter truffles, gluten-free peanut butter cookies, and waffles.  I also stuck to my meal plan though I switched around a few days.


Baked a ham for dinner one night and have enough leftover for sandwiches for the children (and husband) to take for lunch all week.  The ham was on sale for 84¢/lb.

Made homemade dog treats--the dogs LOVE them!

Used $3 in extra bucks from CVS to get some sinus medication.  It appears that I may have another sinus infection/sinusitis and so I'm going to try taking this medication for a few days before I call the doctor.

Signed up for One Kings Lane and got $15 off my order!  I bought a kitchen scale and some glass pitchers for the refrigerator.

How did you save money last week?  I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment